Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Last Minute Gift to Make. . .


Only a few days left to get that special someone a gift for Christmas.  I happen to have several special someones that I want to let know how blessed I am to have them in my life.  So I planned and actually made these cute wristlets I found a tutorial for on Javajem's blog. 
 It's a great tutorial, well documented with lots of pictures, and these were fun and easy to make.  I underscored the "actually made" because you don't know how difficult it is for me to follow through on a plan with a deadline.
 You may notice that there is a personalized label in the upper left corner of these wristlets.
These labels were made using this printable organza product from Jacquard.  This is a fun product with lots of design possibilities, especially for incorporating words into your quilts.
I began by typing "Quilt Whimsy" into a Microsoft Word label format,
and printed to get this.
I fused Mistyfuse to the backside of my background fabric.  Be aware that organza has a transparency element to it and the print will be a bit opaque when pulled off the paper backing.  I decided on a common background fabric to attach the organza to that would make the words visible.
The background fabric was cut to size and fused into place on the wristlet.
 As I cut the organza label to size, I elected to pull a few threads from each side to create a small amount of fraying.  The organza was placed on the background fabric
and sewed around the edge with metallic thread.  And, waalaa, I have my own unique label.

Hope your Christmas preparations are well on their way and close to completion.  Merry Christmas to you all.  May it be filled with lots of love and all the goodies you've asked for, especially quilting goodies.



Until next time.


No comments: